Tired of Getting My Ass Kicked
Gosh, I said that Yes, I plan further modernization of this site in the magic date of 17.08.2011.
Well, I watched those level up your game vids. I read your FAQ long ago but I was too new to the game back then to really follow it. I think I should give it another go. It's just.. I dunno.. I find everything so fast and bewildering. But the more I learn, the more it seems to slow down, so I really just need to practice. I haven't yet got 100 hours play time on Tekken. I realised how little I played 3 weeks ago when I saw I had only 56 hours after owning the game about 6 months. So I try to play more often now. With no previous experience of Tekken, or fighting games in general, in fact, with very little gaming experience besides watching others, I think I am too hard on myself!
Added 4 minutes later:
Wow.. that's exciting stuff tenshi!! I surprised myself recently when Angelboy asked mw when YOT's birthday is and I said, 'I don't know, I think it is some time around the 17th of August'. LOL, I totally knew. Dunno how obsessed one has to be to know a forum's founding date by heart!
Well, from recent activity, I am VERY excited about the changes. Really, I am loving all this Tekken talk at last!!
we' should all aim to make our enimies "non yoshi players" chance of winning against our yoshi VOID! FUTILE! IMPOSSIBLE! BAKKANA [as the japanese would say]
ALL is VOID people! ALL is Void!
Added 3 hours 22 minutes later:
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH I got promoted to BRAWLER!!!!!! You people here are a blessing, i ripped their guts out
Added 2 days later:
I'm now a marauder, hey, how come the site suddenly gone dead?
This post was edited by YoshiDivine (2011-04-24 01:26, 9 years ago)
Fresh Yoshi players are mostly lazy nowadays... don't be among them You've got much to learn, myself I have thousands of hours spent on playing Yoshi that you have to yet get through. Experience cannot be bought or instantly gained in any way.
I can teach you what to do when, but without practice, it's all useless. Like: no words can describe you how the salt tastes, you've got to try it yourself.
As Vijay said, it's Easter times, I'm enjoying my time with my family. Additionally, it seems that soon I'll have to look for another job since the big hungry global Crisis is finally hitting Poland and the company I work in is having troubles... so I'll be busy the following month. Keep your fingers crossed, please. From my success depends whether I'll have enough funds to keep this site alive, anyway... yep, it's not that funny.
I hope everything will be allright, though.
As for the forum. Tenshi, why not just allow advertisments? So there'll be the odd ad here and there, so what, which sites don't have that these days? And if it means you earn a little from that, or at least enough that the site survives, then how could any one of us complain about that? You've worked so hard on this site, you deserve to get some gain from it so.. I say let the adverts come!!!
Anyway, Happy Easter to those who celebrate it (I do but the pagan one was about a month ago so I had my eggs already, hehe).
yea, am heading back to the practice menu now, umm can i get a link to the video...where is it?...is it on youtube? and yes, i agree with Jembru, Yoshi sometimes feel really stiff in my hands, but recently he feels a lil more free, but when i come up against a really strong opponent yoshi feels stiff again....
Oh btw, congrats on levelling up so much! Whoo hoo!!!
... it's because stupid lazy-ass Namco, for the reason unknown, didn't include the record mode in Practice, which sucks big time and is probably the worst thing they did. I mean: how could they?! I find it very disrespectful for loyal Tekken players.
But going back to business...
In practice mode, without your friend, you can practice:
- wall carry, stage feeling
- simple setups, buffering Gehousen (f,n,d,d/f+1), BT tricks
- general custom string flow,
- go through Yoshi's movelist once a week and refresh your memory (some ideas to test are guaranteed to come)
- basic mixups training (defensive mode, launch two enders of a certain strings and train to see the difference, or to find a way to evade both endings: and evade the guess-up)
- dealing with most popular attacks (defensive mode: repeat the attack and see what you can do about it)
- throw-break training (better for offline) - set up defensive moder for mostly left and right throws and train yourself to see the difference and react accordingly. You'll be suprised that in least expected situations, you'll go for a correct throw break, led by instincts.
If you play with your sparring partner who mostly uses one character, get two hours time to completely know his character. It's teaching your body to react in situation where you don't need a brain (like: bread and butter strings - always punishing them right, always evading them in correct way).
I recommend you following the "Yoshi bible" thread in these forums:
PS. If you will be able to use every trick contained there, you'll be really, really good.
Then, you can go to practice mode with your friend, which is how you can test things in best way, dealing with lack of "record mode" I mentioned above. You ask your friend to repeat a custom string you have troubles dealing with, and try to think with him possible ways to get out of the problematic situation.
Lars: [random *(d/f+1, 1)], SSR~f+1+2
- retaliating with punches highly dangerous (launch-punishable)
- d/f+1 sidesteppable, endangered with another punches (you won't be fast enough)
- SS+1 too slow but hits punches (low-reward)
- low spins too slow, but evade punches (high-risk)
- d+4 decent (low-reward)
What Yoshi can do:
- move out! d+3 or d+4 to make some spacing and retreat
- hunt for SS and SS-catch him (d+2 in case of SSR, or d/b+2,2 if the spacing is right), then move out
- if Yoshi is in NSS (No-sword stance), flash and juggle in case of attack. If Yoshi is in 1SS (Regular stance), flash only if d/f+1 is expected.
- most risky: predict upcoming d/f+1 and be first with your punch, or predict both d/f+1 and punches and evade with b+1+2. It loses with SSR~f+1+2, though.
And so on...
Added 3 minutes later:
@Tenshi... I always wanted to ask you one thing... But i hesitated for so long cos i know you would always do the right thing but its always in my head ... So Pls tell me Tenshi... Why did you ban fast legs ? Pm if you like ... Thank you...
# Junon : Here's one of the vids from me over the weekend:
I was pretty wasted at the time, so you'll see me drop combos and other random mistakes (and scrubby excessive swordsweep use ). But you may find some usefull tricks. I'll link some more when they're uploaded.
I think the remainder of the videos were uploaded onto the VaTekken Rage channel, for anyone interested.