I'll make a few points.
1) Simple moves you do randomly. Pretty self-explaining.
- d/b+1,1 - I start with this one, because it is so underestimated. Totally safe on block, it's mid that tracks decently, NC and good damage. A bit slow, yes, but overall great move for me.
- 2,3 - The move I throw out for disruption (CH fishing). NCc, probably a bad habit though.
- d/b 3,3... - ofc ^^
- u/f 2 - Good low that's hard to see in a vacuum. Followed up by Sword Sweep.
2) Setups. Generally frame traps, but not only.
- b+1,1 - Usually not more than 2. Positive frames on block, followed by qcb 1+2 or a transition to d/b 3s.
- WS 1,1,1,1 - +2 on block, follow with u/f 3 for launch.
- SS4~KIN - I do this a lot. Excellent bait on whiff.
- u+3+4 - +4 on block, d/f 2,2 or just a simple f+1+2 work.
3) Mind games. What to do to make your opponent block in the wrong time or place?
- f+3,3 / f3,4 - People tend to auto-crouch after the 3, so f3,4 seems viable.
- d/b 1~qcb 1+2 - the animation makes people think the second hit is coming anyway.
- d/f 3, / d/f 3,1 - Rarely, but nice against turtles.
- d/b3,3,3... -> Sword Sweep - Again, everyone stands up after you finish low kicks. Sweep them ^^
4) Ground pressure.
- u+3+4 - f1+2~B! becomes a tech trap!
These were off the top of my head. Share your play style and comment please
This post was edited by Ryder (2010-06-29 11:03, 10 years ago)