Fun Stuff :)

A beautiful watercolour animation made by Sheila Graber in 1980.
The whole 4 minute lengeth of the animation tracks the beginning of our planet right up to 20Cth; as accurate as possible to actual evolutionary events. - As we knew it back then in the 80's, it's probably not so accurate now..

Still it's gorgeous, and 4 minutes must have taken days, or even months to make! I really appreciate it because I've made watercolour animations. Frame by frame, they really do take up a lot of time! (Just a few seconds of hand drawn and painted animation takes hours)

I first saw it on TV as a child, I was about 5 or 6.. I loved it, my eyes were fixed and I wouldn't even blink in case I never saw it again! But after it finished, I realised my tv was randomly recording. So I was lucky enough to have it on tape! Fate wanted me to have it! I watched it over and over, I couldn't get enough. It was so beautiful, the music, the creatures, happy and sad. It stirred my feelings and It had a big impact on me. But one day, my tape got chewed up it was lost forever. I never forgot it, and its been lingering in my head ever since. I've been searching for it for years.. I found it yesterday and am so happy my search is over. :P

hope you enjoy it as much as I. :)