I'm both pretty excited and worried about this piece of news. I feel like I should post my thoughts about how I envision a new Tekken with a hope somebody from the Namco Team reads it.
To make things clear, I will make a numbered list:
- Please Balance lows and low crushing launchers. If hopkicks stay as they are, they should be -14. There should not be i14 launchers.
- Every character should have a low punch with the same properties (Yes - come back low punch in Yoshimitsu's normal stance)
- Introduction of half-homings - tracking to either left or right.
- D/f+1 balance in terms of tracking, some trackings are too good.
- I personally think Tekken 4 style sidestep (up or down) together with ub / uf jump and db / df duck is a better solution than present day movement. It's because when an opponent is forced FC, it's sometimes impossible for him to sidestep in the specific direction (like 2P side - towards the player). If the movement stays as it is, there should be a way to buffer a FC stagger cancel.
- Larger window for throws breaks.
- Fast-response game like Tekken 6 - ability to go to FC and back to standing very fast.
- No big and strange characters (ogre) or outfits that would conceal the arms and make throw breaking extremely hard.
- Do something about KI charge? like "Ki charge meter?" (like - 3 charges for a round)
- Ability to raise/replenish Ki charge meter after certain moves for all characters? (character temporarily vulnerable)
- Every character has a taunt - taunting raises opponent's Ki charge meter?
- Also receiving a lot of damage in a short period of time raises Ki charge meter?
- Ability to do a Ki charge enhanced moves out of the box? (they gain additional properties)
This would add strategy, not randomness. Randomness is not good.
- COME BACK LOW PUNCH PLEASE. Present-day db+1,1 as ub+1,1
- His FC,d/f+4 needs a change - either global (ability to buffer FC moves quickly from standing) or any other. I would welcome a homing low move from standing.
- Kinchou sidesteps? Two-sword stance? (kind of like Alisa's chainsaw stance)
- More stance transitions? Indian Sit into Flea is especially a nice thing :)
- Give Yoshi No-sword stance (Mutou) into Normal sword stance transitions. Like doing NSS d+2,2,1 would draw the sword anyway. Why not?
- The old battle stance that Yoshi enters just after doing NSS 2,1 or 2+3 - I would wish him to move like that all the time in NSS stance :)
- Bring him back some unblockable tracking (b,b+1+2)
- Do something about his siphon soul throws
- Do something about sidespins, they should take less life.
- Indian sit - .... should be redesigned. Should evade better. Too many things hit Yoshi. Like Wing God Fist, whaaaat....
- Please fix bad breath. The input bugs out many times, high moves hit Yoshi on CH, it should be a full high crush. Maybe more moves from bad breath? Transition to Kinchou from Bad breath? Teleport from Bad breath?
- Maybe give Yoshi a taunt like in Soul Calibur? Why were his Tekken 6 taunting voices removed from Indian Sit?
- His 2,1 is useless, it should be uninterruptible inbetween. Now it can be interrupted inbetween.
- Come back Yoshimitsu's old 4,4,2,2,4,4,1,1,1,1 - his old 4,4 being i12 was great.
- db+2,2,2 mid spins should have better range - the initial move is too weak. Too easy to counter.
- df+2,2 second safe on block, CH guaranteed, second cancellable? df+2 into stances like Kinchou? df+2,1 natural combo, mid-high, safe, no juggle?
- df+1,2 series? df+1,1 series?
- Please fix the range of sword sweep. It's slow enough already.
- Make Yoshi faster, more mobile, swift, cunning, like he used to be.
- Kick like f+4 - hmm, what to do with it?
- Kick like simple 3 - anything with this move? maybe a combo on counter hit?
- Fix WS+1,1 not hitting sometimes at an angle. I think it should be a faster move (i13?)
Do you have any other comments? Post them below